Coming Soon/Events

Susan Branch –  Author Talk, Questions and Answers,
Book and Calendar Signings

Fairy Tale Girl Name Tag for book signings(I made name tags for us again so we can recognize each other.
Click HERE to download your name tag!)

The Fairy Tale Girl Book Signing
October 3, 201511am-1pm
Innisfree Bookshop

The Fairy Tale Girl Book Signing
October 8, 201511am-noon
New England Independent Booksellers Association
Fall Conference
Baker & Taylor Booth

Providence, RI
(Visit the NEIBA website for more information.)

The Fairy Tale Girl
 Book Signing

October 17, 20151pm-3pm
Titcomb’s Bookshop on Cape Cod
East Sandwich, MA

More to come…. please check back!

Happy Go Smile” in Cayucos, California
Saturday, November 8, 2014

Hampstead Village in Santa Barbara, California
Thursday, November 6, 2014

Sunday, November 12, 2014
Titcombs Bookshop, East Sandwich, Cape Cod, MA

the Library

Susan Branch Question & Answer

To benefit the historic 150 year-old Library in the heart of Westfield.

Hosted by Westfield’s Tuesday Morning Club
Tueseday, October 14, 2014

Susan Branch Book Signing Hosted by Best of British
Sunday, September 28, 2014

Rhode Island PBS
Tuesday, September 9, 2014
Susan is co-hosting an evening of British comedies to help the fundraising and membership drive of the Providence, RI TV station which serves southeastern New England, including Cape Cod and the Islands.  Copies of A Fine Romance and Autumn from the Heart of the Home will be given as premiums and thank you gifts for your contributions.
Comcast Channel 9

West Falmouth Library
Susan Branch Talk and Book signing
West Falmouth Library on Cape Cod
Monday, July 14, 2014
Saturday, June 14, 2014
Susan will be speaking and signing her books at the Friends of Gladys Taber Annual Reunion which will include a tour of Stillmeadow,  Gladys’s 1690 Farmhouse in Southbury, Connecticut (Stillmeadow is a private home now, so this is a rare and wonderful thing).
You must be a member of FOGT to attend, but all are welcome.
More information, including the time, still to come…. Mark your Calendars, Springtime in Connecticut is a wonderful thing!
me, verklempt, in front of Stillmeadow
Here I am,teary-eyed and realizing a dream, in front of Gladys Taber’s beloved home, Stillmeadow.
And inside, next to the beautiful old fireplace she wrote so much about.
And here we are, celebrating the life of Gladys Taber, Birds of a Feather, all flocked together.  I had such a good time! I wrote this thank-you letter about it afterwards; it was published in the wonderful Friends of Gladys Taber Newsletter.
Gladys Taber Newsletter

It’s Here!
My New Book: A FINE ROMANCE- Falling In Love With The English Countryside
(Click here to purchase yours today!)

For more A FINE ROMANCE past events, click HERE.

Art and Content for is protected by registered copyrights. Please ask before using.

487 Responses to Coming Soon/Events

1. Heather Bensel says:

I am so happy you have a blog! I have been a fan of yours for years. Thank you for sharing your art! I loved receiving Willard in the mail and now in my email box. You are an inspiration and you went swimming with the Beatles…that is so amazing.

2. Vickie T. says:

Hi Susan, I would love to know the month and year of the magazines that you were featured in. I often buy old copies of magazines online and I would like to try to find some of those issues. Thanks, Vickie

3. Mary Smith says:

I just love your new blog. Your work is an inspiration to me and I have followed your career for years. I, too, love homemaking, quilting, cooking, sewing, gardening, etc. Keep up the good work.

4. Patricia Strain says:

Dear Susan,

5. Cathy Madsen says:

Have loved your books for years and with the 4th of July coming, I wanted to tell you that every year as we watch our little hometown parade, we make a big batch of your Skip and Go Naked Drinks! We share them with everyone and they have become a tradition! Wouldn’t be the 4th without them! Hope you have a happy 4th!

6. Joan Powell says:

Looking forward to seeing you in St. Paul—Yeah!!!

7. Kirsten Wichert says:

I, too, would so love to try to get some of the magazines you’re featured in….but the print on the covers is too small to make out……Any help???
    I finally have all your books!! What an accomplishment. I almost died when I read on the website that Vineyard Seasons was out of print. I had given my signed copy as a gift for a special inn keeper(who loved and uses your recipes in her inn). I was so happy to find a used copy on Amazon! Can’t wait for the new book(s) to come out. I hope you’ll have a signing again in So. Calif. I’d love to see you again. I went to your Autumn Book signing a few years ago. It was such a pleasure to meet you in person. Congrats on the blog!

8. Gloria Howard says:

Hi Susan,
    I couldn’t imagine this summer day getting any better, until I opened your latest Willard and found your new blog! I of course, always thought that I was your biggest fan…. but now I see you have so many others. Thank you for showering me with your creativity. I cook from your cookbooks, I write my addresses in your address book, my babies important info is in your fabulous baby books and all of my important dates go on your wall calendars. Thanks for brightening my world.

9. Maria Shiyou says:

WOW! …just WOW!

10. Carla H. says:

I received your “Heart of the Home” for a Christmas Present in 1989. I have been hooked since. A calendar EVERY year.

I, like everyone else, feel we know you personally. My friend and I tease each other, she is Martha Stewart and I am Susan Branch.

Thanks for sharing your talent and letting us all into your life. Thank you.

11. Helen White says:

Love your blog. Do ever get to Denver, Co., would love to meet you and I realize many other fans here would aswell?

12. Sandy from Santa Maria, Ca. says:

Just love everything Susan Branch what a treat this dessert will be for my hubby. He just loves strawberries and will be so happy I got this recipe from you. He hears about you ALL the time. Thank you. Oh, what is your connection to the magazines on the right hand side?

13. Gail Buss says:

Oh my gosh………love, love, love pistachio ice cream too and the coconut/pineapple ice cream sounds wonderful………….loved the Peter Rabbit rooms and actually the whole house. So much in common I could scream! Loved our visit to Martha’s Vineyard. Thanks for sharing so much info. God Bless you and your Joe………..from me and my Joe!

14. KJ says:

Dear Susan ,
    Love your site and especially the newest addition ….blog… I find myself checking your site every day and just when I think I have seen all of it I find something new…..Love the pic of the “Flying Pants”…..Did you “steal” my summer wardrobe??? LOL …..Just keep up the wonderful the work that you do !!!!

15. Fiddlesticks says:

Dear Susan,
    Just love the new Willard. I just love your work or play… I have had your cookbooks for years, love love love trying a new recipe out of them and have always had the best results…Kudoos to you and your staff.
    Your work just makes me smile!
    Looking forward to the next issure,

16. Tricia Sanger says:

Dear Susan,
    I just love everything you do! I use your large desk calendar at work and love my 2011 Day Book. I went to purchase another desk calendar and Day Book for next year and was so sad to see that the Day Book was not being offered for 2012. Your flower garden is just gorgeous and I love your Julia Child rose’s that look like “butter” from heaven. Have a safe trip to California.

17. Clairellen McLaughlin says:

Thanks, Susan, for being such a bright spot in life! You make my heart smile….

18. AnnaMarie says:

Hi, I will be on Cape Cod in afew weeks and am wondering if you have a store there or one that carries your wonderful products? Thank you.

• sbranch says:

There are some things at Bunch of Grapes Bookstore in Vineyard Haven on Martha’s Vineyard, but other than that, I’m not sure.

19. Deborah Winter says:

Dear Susan,

I just want to thank you for writing your books and all of the special touches you bring to everything you do! I bought my first book (also your first book–Heart of the Home) at a book sale at the office I was working in and now have every one. Most definitely looking forward to the next in the series which I hope is Winter for obvious reasons. I believe the secret to your success is that you inspire us to take the time to enjoy the little pleasures of life every day and to count our blessings. All the best to you now and always. Love your art! Deborah

20. Vickie Weiss says:

Will you design a teacher planbook? It would be delightful to have. YOU make me smile when I see your wonderful handwriting and fabulous illustrations!
    I have some ideas for the organization part…all the planbooks are not very user friends.
    Thanks for thinking about it….

• sbranch says:

Can it be done as a template on a computer, to be filled in on the computer? We were just talking about doing a journal like that, but of course we don’t know how. (Yet!)

To say that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what you publish and make would be an understatement; just can’t help myself.

As a “Thank-You” I gave as many of your books as possible to my friends and daughters-in-law in hopes they will enjoy your work and passions as much as I do.

I had hoped to purchase the depression glass banana dish-keeper when you had it for sale, but didn’t get to it in time and so far haven’t found another one. I won’t give up, however!! It was/is a very clever idea!!

Hope to meet you in San Luis Obispo in October. Even my husband enjoys your books, etc. He LOVES the plans for the garden. Hopefully, we can make a garden early spring 2012.

Are you going to come out with any more Christmas books to record our wonderful memories?

Just so you know, someone else gave me my e-mail name of “ladyheartwell”. Have you ever given any thought to having a contest to determine which of your readers/disciples would have the most interesting/unique e-mail name? Just an idea for WILLARD.

As always I can’t wait for your newest publication or art work to come out. There is one for item I’ve longed for you to come out with and know it might be a bit hard, but you like challenges. Since I make my greeting cards from your stickers, I’ve often wished you could make some art work / stickers that would be suitable for a sympathy card….something with a nice little verse and some of your gorgeous flowers that would be new.

My recipe notebook (binder) is beautiful, even if I do say so myself. Have laminated each full page so they will stay nice. Am not done yet ’cause I gave one to a bride who went NUTS over it with MUCH glee. Another Suggestion: More stickers are needed when the binder is purchased!!!

THANK YOU for EVERYTHING you do for us. We love you dearly; you are VERY precious!!!

22. Myrna Arlene says:

In the 90′s I watched a Quilting show. You had a pattern for a quilt with hats, (clouche hats). The quilt had been made with your fabrics, which I believe were new on the market. Is there any way, or where can I find your pattern? I would appreciate a lead….THANK You, for your inspirational books, recipes, and fabrics. MA

• sbranch says:

I forwarded your request to the studio to see if Kellee can find one of those for you…she should be getting in touch.

23. Joan Lesmeister says:

Oh NO Susan! The weekend you’ll be in SLO is the weekend I’ll be in Oregon. I was so looking forward to meeting you and attending “The Remnants of the Past” fabulous show. Perhaps 2012 will be the year for both! I’m keeping the faith! Have a wonderful trip and to you and Judy, have a better than ever show! xoxo

24. Rita says:

Sooo…would love to meet you when you come through St. Paul. Glad to hear we can shop the Market Place as that fits into my budget a little more than the whole weekend. I am guessing the best opportunity to meet would be at the Autograph Party from 6:30-9:30 Friday night? Just would hate to come at the wrong time and miss ya! Could be my only chance to meet you in person.

25. Judy Ferrandino says:

Hi Susan! I can’t find any of your month-to-month stickers. When I do find them on E-bay, I’ve gotten out bid!! Help…….is there an easier place to find them?

Thanks for any suggestions or ideas!!

26. Hollace says:

Thanks for all the free downloadables! I have put a hooked rug on my wish list and A Redbird Christmas on my reading list. Have a great time in CA. Wish I were there!

27. Karen P says:

The “Where Woman Cook” magazine should be out soon with you featured in it, right? Maybe the Christmas issue? That would be PERFECT! I’m sure you’ll give us a heads-up….xoxo…kp

• sbranch says:

They moved my article into their new book, Where Women Cook CELEBRATE! which we will have on the website soon. So it won’t be in the magazine after all, my chapter is called Kitchen Tea and it’s in the book instead of the magazine.

28. Mary Peterson says:

Susan: I got turned on to you by my sister-in-law Karen P. Now I am hooked as well. Love your site, your vintage finds (have purchased a few), and everything else. Above all, I like to print out your Willard and take it to bed with me to read. It leaves me happy with ideas and hope, yet I’m still relaxed enough to fall asleep. Just a good feeling altogether. Thanks!

29. Shelley Quezada says:

Susan, I am librarian who will be presenting a program “Food Glorious Food: Exploring the Exciting World of Food Blogs at a number of libraries here in Massachusetts beginning in December. I have noticed that many talented cooks who began blogging were able to turn their blogs into successful cookbooks. This is such an exciting topic. As a long time fan (I have most of your books) I suddenly googled you recently to find, no surprise, that you had created this beautiful blog.
    I plan to feature it as part of my talk. Thanks for being a continuing inspiration to us.

• sbranch says:

How nice of you Shelley! Thank you so much! My blog is relatively new … I started in July, but I love it already! If you read through some of the comments you’ll see why! :-) Wonderful people come here!

30. Mary S. says:

I bought the Nov. issue of Romantic Homes just for the article about YOU, my favorite person!! Yay!

31. Nancy Van Fleet says:

I’m never 100% sure where to comment on your blog, but this must be the place because there is my name and address! I am happy to hear about your recipes in the new cookbook, Celebrate. Years ago I bought one of you recipe books because of the wonderful illustrations–I gave it to my daughter-in-law and she was pleased. I love the picture of Jack reading the cookbook. He is so handsome! His mustache and goatee are very distinguished as are his boots. Thanks for the Willard’s and the blogs and all the beautiful things you have to share. I love the idea of the wooden tongs for removing toast and the pots and pans hanging board. I am glad that I am on the list to receive the Willard and your blog! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas! Nancy

32. Pat D'Ambra says:

Hi Susan, just wanted to wish you Happy Thanksgiving and tell you how much I have enjoyed your Thanksgiving preparations. I’m at my daughters in CA (Truckee where there is 10″ of snow on the ground!) and she’s doing all the cooking. Hopefully, she’ll let me help. Can’t wait to get ready for Christmas at my house this year and I know your blog will be soooooo helpful. Love your new kitty and Girl Kitty is being so sweet. Pat

33. Carol kelley says:

Hi Susan,I just love you’re Blog.The Art work is so Pretty and Fresh.And I like it that you hand write everything.You’re receipes are easy and dont take fancy ingredients.I look forward to reading every bit of your Blog.
    Thankyou have a Special Thanksgiving.

34. Shari Case says:

Hi! Just wanted to tell you how I like your things. Your items are So simple and gratifying. I’ve picked up a few of your things throughout the years. I love the Bee skep. We feel lucky with the amount of bee visitors we have. And, this would be a nice addition to my herb garden. Thanks for creating them.
    your friend, Shari Case

35. shelly matter says:

Hi Susan, I hope you and Joe had a magical christmas! Reading your blog I always feel like I’m catching up with an old friend, a true kindred spirit. I’ve been a “friend” for well over 25 yrs now, since I found your heart of the home book through “book of the month” club when I was a young wife and mother. I was blessed to visit Marthat’s Vineyard a few years ago in the fall and was thrilled to purchase my sb calendar at the little book store on the island:) I had to just smile when, while reading your movie list, I saw that you love to look at the decor of the homes, lol. I do the same thing and my hubby laughs that I notice those things. One of my favorite movies is “The Homecoming” with Patricia Neal and I absolutely love that Grandma Walton is cooking on the cast iron cook stove, they listen to the radio for entertainment and news and the dolly Elizabeth wants! May you and your family have a blessed 2012 and I hope you come to central PA to visit some time:) Take good care! shelly

36. best seo says:

I cherished up to you’ll obtain performed proper here. The comic strip is tasteful, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an nervousness over that you wish be delivering the following. in poor health indubitably come further previously again since precisely the similar nearly very incessantly within case you protect this hike.

37. Lu Ann Gifford says:

Your work is all about peace, happiness, warmth and love. I had lost you for a few years but am so happy to have found you again. Life got too crazy for awhile! Although we live on the west coast, my husband grew up onCape Cod. Our next visit will surely include a trip to the vineyard. Do you have a studio or shop open to the public?

38. Kimi says:

I’m very proud of You Susan and proud to be an on line girlfriend too, keep up the good work, I’ll be watching from over here and go for long walks threw your blogging and the world of Susan Branch… “God Blessing to you”

39. Paulie says:

The Lion, the Witch and Susan Branch – lol – it really feels like an entire world all to it’s own once one discovers the blog and begins to go through all of the many doors that open into another new facet of Susan Branch. You are just too amazing and so full of surprises ………it is unbelievable. You are unbelievable………you really give so much joy to so many and so much hope for a better and more joyful life in such a difficult period of time in our world today. thank you Susan Branch, thank you. You truly are a gift……Bless you for planting the seed of Peace and Joy…….now it is up to all of us to pass it on……… day at a time, one smile at a time, one joy at a time… person at a time.

40. Barbara says:

I have been a fan for soooo many years. Your artwork, recipes, words of wisdom have given me much pleasure and inspiration. You make me smile even in the long, cold, dreary days of winter when I read your blog and newsletter. Thank you for being a girlfriend. Looking forward to your new book. Happy 2012!

41. Carolyn says:

I would love to know the pain color of your beautiful bluish kitchen. Can you please share?

• sbranch says:

We are about to repaint it the same color; when we do, I’ll tell you — the old can is in the basement, the basement is in the snow!

42. Margot says:

Do any of your cookbooks have napkin folding instructions? I love cloth napkins. You could do a blog on that. :-) I will look through the books of yours that I have. Also, I will keep my eyes open for your china pattern. Name? Johnson Brothers

43. Lynne Neal says:

Love this blog and I am so happy I found it, it has stirred up my creative juices and I have decided to finish my hand written cookbooks for my kids who are now old enough to set up their own homes. love your artwork and have been a fan for ages, Thanks

44. Sherry Moran says:

I am a late-comer to your work, but I’m trying hard to catch up! I now have 5 of your books, and am on the look-out for the ones I don’t have. In reading some of the comments, I’m wondering which book you are working on now. Is it a Breakfast cookbook, or a Winter cookbook? Was lucky enough to get the 2012 calendar and just love it!

Thanks for all you do,

45. Kathy Thompson says:

Susan, I just turned my calendar to March and nearly fell over laughing at your letter to your grandmother. It was priceless! I have a letter I wrote to my mother when I was 6 years old. I told her I was running away because ske didn’t let me watch the Alvin and the Chipmunks show. This was in 1958. Thank you for the memories of a much different era.

46. Susan Butler says:

Will there ever be a “we’re the normal ones” charm? BTW, your awesome!

47. Diana Everett says:

Wouldn’t be a dream come true if all of us girlfriends could live in the same neighborhood? I sense a vibe of kindness, generosity, gentility, gentleness, humor, respect, and all those other human qualities that make life such a joy when enveloped by them. Susan, reading your books and your blog and your articles keep me grounded and in touch with what is real, and what is to be cherished and valued in this world of glitz and glam and misplaced priorities.

• sbranch says:

We should have our own planet, actually! Zero war, no violence of any kind allowed, mental or otherwise; kindness and respect, flower gardens and huge trees, everyone gets a clothesline, but no one gets to dry their underwear on it, knitting & needlework classes on every corner, piped in music from the 1940’s (old fashioned, Earth-style, done by vote), twine at 4 pm daily, permanent fall with three very beautiful snowstorms a year, plenty of animals to love, somebody to keep the fireplaces burning. No airplanes; only boats, bikes, horses and carriages, trains, with really good beds on them. Something like that. Or everyone’s own version of what it would be like; so we could all be there, but each lives his own dream, they flow together. What am I doing, I have to go work.

48. sandi says:

hi susan! i am tryign to remember what books to look for in the future…your breakfast book, the england book, and wasn’t there another one about your life growing up or something? i want to be sure to get them all when they come out, and was wondering approximately when are they all supposed to be published/released? i ahve all your other books and am greatly anticipating these new ones! i cannot wait to read them…right along with everyone else i am sure.

• sbranch says:

First the English Diary, then Pancakes, and if there’s still time, and my hand still wants to move, I will write the story of my first little house on the island where I lived alone and wrote my first three books.

• sandi says:

thank you for the quick reply. i will watch for them to come out. i thought there was another possible book that you blogged about a few months back. there was a story you put up on your blog and were going to take it down, because it was to be published…was it a childrens book? i don’t remember exactly…seems like there was going to be a suprise about what kind of book it would be or something…i will search back through your blog for my answer…lol…i may have it totally confused! wouldn’t be the first time i jumbled information all together in my head! have a wonderful autumn day!

49. Jacqueline Coppola says:

Dear Susan,
    I got my 1st S.B. Cookbook, Heart of The Home, as a wedding shower gift. My husband , Al and I just celebrated our 25th Anniversary September 5th, 2012.
    Your artwork is amazing, so fun, full of life, exudes total joy. We used to visit my husband’s sweet Auntie Jeanne every year in Revere, MA. We would always take her along with our 3 kids on a New England adventure. A trip to Martha’s Vineyard was a favorite that included ice cream at Scoops, I believe and a delicious lunch at Black Dog Tavern, formally Joe’s place if I remember correctly. I have been battling breast cancer for almost 2 years and looking through your beautiful books and Willards are a tremendous gift of joy and happiness. As my friend and priest, Father Craig reminded me once when I wasn’t feeling my usual positive happy self, “There are blessings every moment, all you have to do is look for them” There have been many a day when I look no further than my cookbook shelf and open up one of Susan Branch Cookbooks and smile with joy. Thank you for sharing your joy of life with all of us.
    p.s. New to blogging, gotten Willards for years, loved shopping in Los Osos store while open. How do I enter the new cookbook contest (1st copy?).
    Peace Be With You, thanks for making me smile! Valentine Hugs, Jackie

50. Melba Langhans says:

Dear Susan,

I’m a devoted fan and collecting everything Susan Branch for my cookbook library. Thank you for sharing your God-given talent with us. Words do not describe the joy you bring to me and so many others.

Blessings, Melba

51. Barbara Elias says:

I love all the books, calenders, and recipie book I purchased at the Ontario quilt show in 2009. Thank you for all the wonderful newsletters. I am blessed by all your creativity. Thank you, Barbara Elias

52. Gale Greene says:

Dear Susan,
    I live on Cape Cod and I was wondering if you had considered one of the many lovely tea shops that we have in the area to have a book signing or talk for your new book about England, A Little Romance. I’d be happy to check whether any of the owners would be open to the idea of hosting this kind of event if you think this is feasible. Two places that come to mind are Dunbar’s in Sandwich and Borsari Gallery and Tea House in Dennis. There’s also a lovely tea shop at Mashpee Commons but I’m not sure their site is large enough. I am a huge fan of your cookbooks and vividly remember meeting you at a book signing in Hyannis in 1990 at a charming little book store (that sadly is no longer there) called Chart House Book
    Store. Your wonderful Christmas book had just been published and I brought along my copies of Vineyard Seasons and Heart of the Home to also be signed. In one book you wrote, “To Gale, Cook up a storm!” And that’s what I’ve been doing with the help of your beautiful cookbooks. Thank you for continuing to share all these many years your love of cooking, art, nature, girlfriends, music, Jane Austen and Beatrix Potter.
    Gale Greene

• sbranch says:

Hi Gale! I heard from Titcomb’s Bookshop the other day, I’m definitely going to do a signing with them. I’d love a tearoom too, I feel like if we just keep putting our feelers out and everything is going to fall into place. You are so kind to help and I’d be very interested if they were! Looking forward to seeing you again!

53. Mary Lu Wahl says:

The excitement is building, we all are awaiting your announcement that the last brush stroke has been accomplished. Celebrations are buzzing and I am sure Girl Kitty and Jack will hire a band to “mark the day.” You have worked very hard and Joe has supported you in every way. Friends are lining up to say “Bravo, Bravo.” We in the “hinterlands” applaud your work and wish you “God’s Speed!”
    The voice from above resounds “Well done!” A Fine Romance is put to the editors and printers. The Australians would say, “Good On You, Mate.”
    Mary Lu Wahl

54. Jill Biatek says:

I so appreciate everything you do. Popped on here today to see the progress on the new book…..can’t wait! :) and noticed you had just written! Great timing! So glad you like Victoria and Tea Time magazines, they are my favorites too. All the best to you and thanks again. X0. Jill

55. Nancy Brigham says:

We just got home from the vineyard, boo hoo, wish we could have been there for your book signing! Last time I saw you was at Book-Ends in Ridgewood, NJ. Maybe there will be a book sigining there too?

56. Karen Lotito says:

I just love all the watercolor scraps! I’ve recently begun watercolor painting and I keep a sheet of blank paper near my work and it has all kind of splotches and things on it. I am looking forward to the new book! My mother-in-law was from England and my husband and I are looking forward to going back. We’ve been on QM2 numerous times. My husband was on the original Queen Mary when he was 6 years old! We’ve also been on QE2.

• sbranch says:

You must love it as we do. We did get to stay in an old room on the original Queen Mary, docked in Long Beach!

57. Alice says:

Love your blog and can’t wait for The Book! You have inspired me to read all about Beatrix Potter – so interesting! Thank you!

58. Marilyn says:

I hope you add somewhere in San Diego County in California to your book signing tour! :-)

59. Lindy James says:

Am so excited you will be coming to SLO for a book signing. Have already marked it on my calendar (yours of course!) and pre-ordered your book when that first was available. So enjoy reading your blog, it always puts a smile on my face. Looking forward to meeting you, Lindy

60. Sandra Vick says:

Susan I absolutely love, all your work. I hope you come to Houston, TX! I would really like to meet you!

61. Susan on Bainbridge Island in Wa. state says:

Hi susan!
    Is there ANY chance that you might be traveling up from California to the Greater Seattle area with your book signings? There are a whole bunch of us
    that are holding our breath, hoping you say, “YES”!!!!! xoxo

• sbranch says:

We are really going to try . . . Depends probably on what the bookstore up there says when we contact them, but we want to go!

62. Pam Korte says:

Hi Susan,

I just love your Blog. It is the only one that I read . You are such an inspiration . I love to hear about your kitties. I adopted a rescued Tuxedo boy cat we call Aragorn. I can’t wait for your new book and the article in Yankee magazine. I have them both pre ordered.
    Take care and have a happy 4th!

Pam Korte

63. Linda B. says:

Susan, I LOVE reading your blog. I look forward to it like a ray of sunshine coming to my computer. As a retired 2nd grade teacher and a continual reader, I would love to get your bookmark. Now that I am retired I read more adult level books and less children’s but I must admit though that I still find children’s books attractive. The beautiful pictures and stories are a delight. ( plus they almost always have a happy ending) Now that I have my 1st grandchild I can share my love of books with her. She is only 5 months but I am already planning the fun we will have. Thanks for sharing all your warm, happy thoughts and ideas!

64. Lynda Mills says:

Your art and blogs are a constant influence in my little house! I’m excited that tomorrow night – hubs and I are having a “Midnight Supper” – idea taken from your Summer Book! We have been married 37 years…and I’m looking forward to our summer on the deck with the stars! I am picking different recipes from the Summer Book to fix during this season…and having such fun with it all! Love retirement!
    Also, I wanted to mention that I’ve been in touch with Blue Willow Book Shop here in Houston, and Valerie the owner told me she would contact your publisher..(?) or whomever she needed to speak to, regarding you possibly coming to Houston for a book signing…..Oh I hope it works out for you to come….but, I hope it’s Sept or Oct – as I would be embarrassed and disappointed if you had to suffer this TX heat which we endure for the next two – three months! ❤

• sbranch says:

That must be tonight! How fun Lynda! Happy Anniversary! and Thank you for putting in a good word for me with your bookstore — it makes such a difference! Stay cool, count the stars!

65. K. Hegarty says:

your blog is my escapism when I need a break, thank you for sharing all that you do !
    Happy Summer !!

66. Jennifer says:

Saving the date for August!!! So excited to finally be able to meet you in person at Titcombs! That is my favorite bookstore too and around he corner from my house!!! You have made an Ohio girl very happy:)

67. Sheryl from Chico says:

This is a great post. I could have stayed on this page all morning. I keep learning the ins and outs of your corner of the world relating to you and the many people who want to keep the art of homemaking, one way or another, alive. Thanks, Susan. As always, your blog friend, Sheryl

68. Deborah Borne says:

Hi Susan,
    Hoping you will be planing a stop in the mid-west – Kansas City would be PERFECT(-:

69. Rhoda says:

Oh, I am so hoping you will make a book signing stop in Wichita!!! If you do, I’ll be there with bells on! Feel like I know you from your wonderful blog, but would love to meet you in person!

70. Amy Elizabeth says:

Happy Fourth of July Susan. I am making plans to come and see you on Vineyard Haven on Aug. 15th with one of my very best girlfriends…we are BESIDE ourselves with excitement. I have a question for you about the paints you use for your watercoloring painting…is there a certain brand that you use? What do you recommend? My daughter Grace loves doing artwork and I wanted to invest in some good paints for her. Thanks and have a wonderful holiday weekend :)

• sbranch says:

How great! Go to the top of the blog to ABOUT ME, then click on MY ART STUDIO — there will be a drop-down, click on How I learned to Paint … all the things I use are there. Happy Fourth to you and Grace!

71. carol s says:

ohhhh August 19th at Titcomb’s- in my daughter’s town of East Sandwich- hope to get to
    see you there!!!

72. Tracey says:

Another vote for the Midwest!! Pleeeeeease come somewhere in or around Michigan.

73. Mid-Atlantic area (Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia) on the book tour? Pretty Please, with a big fat red cherry on top!!! :)

74. kate riggins says:

Earlier I wrote to ask Susan if she would like copies of “This England” magazine which is a perfect publication for her. My email must have gone out on a cloud not to be seen again. This lovely magazine has been a yearly gift to me from my English friends in Surrey. When Susan is in San Luis Obispo in November I would be delighted to give them to her. I only give them to very special friends. If this is something Susan would enjoy just let me know by email.
    Kate Riggins (Shell Beach)

• sbranch says:

Oh good Kate, I would love to see it when I meet you in SLO … I’ve never heard of it before. Sorry, I don’t think I saw a previous message, but I saw this one!

75. Nettie says:

Hi Susan, my girlfriends and I really need you to come to upstate New York preferably to our beautiful Finger Lakes area so we can all meet you and get our new books signed. Please think about that. We will make you happy you came!!!!! Enjoy the full moon tomorrow night..

• Debbie P ~ Weedsport, NY says:

Hi, Sue~
      I sent a note to “Creekside Books and Coffee” in beautiful Skaneateles, NY. You’d never feel like you were working there….it’s the loveliest little lakeside community! It would be like taking a break in your road trip…

76. Jan Mercer says:

Bainbridge Island in WA state has a lovely yarn/tea shop. It would be a wonderful place for a book signing. Their email address is: Yes, I know it’s not a bookstore, but the atmosphere would be wonderful. And what an awesome daytrip that would be for you and your fans!

• sbranch says:

I hope we get up there, I love that part of the country and Joe’s never seen it. It’s in the plan, but we’ll see what happens to time when we get to the west!

• Aletha Riter says:

I live in Everett Washington. My birthday is Aug 1… my husband and I are going to Bainbridge on the 3rd…I will look for that yarn shop and then when you come this way…I hope to look you up. thank you

77. Dawn (Elmhurst, IL) says:

Susan, it will be such fun to wear the lovely nametags to your book signings! Thank you!! Won’t it be fun to meet all of the Girlfriends by name? Maybe you could also include the nametag link right here on the Coming Events page. Everyone will be sure to see it here! We will be waiting for you and Joe in Chicagoland!
    Happy Weekend!

78. Barb From Ohio says:

I just got the monthly email from a local independent bookstore, The Learned Owl in Hudson, Ohio, from which I live about ten miles away. At the top of the page, my eyes popped as I read that you are going to be there for a book signing on Sept. 3! Is that really true? Can I continue my happy dance? It doesn’t show up on here, so wondered if the plans on your end were not firm at this time, or the list of appearances just hasn’t been updated yet. But I hope it’s true because I’d love to come and see you and get my book signed in person( it already has the little signature sticker in it), but there’s nothing like getting the chance to meet you. This is a lovely little bookstore that was previously owned by one lady for about thirty years, I think. She sold it to the young lady who runs it now after a long search to find just the right person to take it over and continue to run it the way everyone is accustomed to. Hudson is a quaint little town with lots of shops to browse through, so I think you’d like it. Hope to see it confirmed on here that you’re going to be there as I’ve already marked my, err your calender for Sept 3rd.

• sbranch says:

Oh yes, it’s confirmed! We haven’t had a chance to update the list of booksignings lately, but we will soon! See you in Hudson Barb!

• Diane Harris says:

I was thrilled to see Hudson on the docket! I’m two hours away, but grew up in the Cleveland area, so have a brother and friends there, so I’ve got it on my calendar! I am savoring ‘A Fine Romance’. I read the first 100 pages in a flash but slowed myself down so it wouldn’t end too fast. So like the delicious cream cheese frosting on a chocolate cupcake, I’m relishing every bite of this book! Thank you for delighting us with this summer-time present! XXOO

Diane Marie

79. Deb Antram says:

Got your NEW book the other day and it arrived just in time for my Birthday – today! I’m already into half of it and am so enjoying England. A true joy to read and I know I will go back and read again and again. You are educating us too. Thank you Susan.

80. Cyndy says:

I am LOVING the new book “A Fine Romance”. Thank you so much for this jewel. As an avid knitter I am curious what you were knitting on your trip. Please share!

• sbranch says:

My mom taught me to knit when I was little, but I never really knit anything except scarves! I especially like to knit when I travel, so I have the knitted thing to remind me of the trip. I haven’t finished the scarf I worked on during the trip — the book took me away. Maybe I should bring my knitting in our car trip across country!

81. Linda Wilcox says:

Dear Susan, OMG I received your book A FINE ROMANCE 7/29/2013, I have to first tell you I am NOT a big reader, if a book doesn’t grab me very fast I put it down, also a big reason for never having gotten into a lot of reading is I am blind in one eye since birth, the other eye I almost lost due to car accident, my vision is now great in that eye but it is still a strain, but from the very first page I was hooked, I love your style of writing, you make me feel like I am on the journey also, your descriptions kept simple, your drawings and pictures fabulous, I am on page 86 and trying to savor this wonderful read, making myself take a break so I will not finish it to quickly, of course I want to do the Queen Mary 2 and visit England, have loved Beatrice Potter for over 40 years, bought the lovely collection of stuffed animals for our 38 year old daughter, they are now her daughter’s :-) if you have a book signing anywhere near Pasadena please let me know, I am a California 3rd generation 70 year old romantic :-) may The Lord continue to bless you, Joe and your kitties who complete a home :-).

82. Shannon (Pennsylvania) says:

Love the van!!! Do you have an idea of where and when you may be in PA?

• sbranch says:

We tried for Moravian bookshop, and actually got a date, but we’re going to have to do it later. No one seems to want a book signing over the four-day Labor Day weekend, which would have slowed us down for too long to wait for the holiday to be over … so we are driving to OHio during that time, and we’ll do the east a bit later. Sorry!

• Shannon (Pennsylvania) says:

Would love to see you come to the Moravian…lovely, and the oldest bookstore in the country. Fingers crossed that you’ll get there later on!

83. Nota Morey says:

Read “A Fine Romance” last weekend. Kept trying to slow down to savor it. Best book I’ve read in years. We visited England and Scotland in 1984. Was reminded by an angry Scot to use our “bloody indicator” (turn signal)!! Have selected you for my Book Club reading. Giving my books for all to read and know they will love them. Have you heard Andrea Boccelli and Edith Piaf duet on his new album “Portofino”? Know you would love it. Hope to see you at Vroman’s. You are the best!!

• sbranch says:

LOL. They can yell at you in that accent and for some reason, it just makes you laugh! I’m in a Book Club? How wonderful! Thank you Nota! Will see you at Vromans — looking forward to it. Thank you for another version of my favorite song of all time. xoxo

84. Gale Alexander says:

Your Blog is beautiful and so easy to navigate. I just got A Fine Romance and have leafed through it. A gorgeous book!.

85. Alexa McCabe says:

Would love to se a signing in Seattle or some sorounding area here :) the Pacific Northwest is beautiful and we love Susan and England ( not to far from Victoria BC) ! Think about it :)

86. Elly says:

I am SOOO excited you are coming to Grand Rapids, Michigan, to a book store about a half mile from my home!! Can’t wait to meet you in person!
    Have a wonderful & safe trip across the country!!

87. Sharon Calvert says:

Ooh-la-la, Susan! You’ve GOT to get that ‘guy’s name tag’ included on this site! :-)

Sharon in Alabama

88. Joan Lesmeister says:

Love the van! Can you believe it’s almost time for your trip? I’m savoring every word of “our” book, it’s beautifully written with your wonderful stories, drawings and pictures!!!! Excellent! XOXOXOXO

89. Nanette says:

I wish you could come a little south on your book signing route. NC is great in Sept. I have my name tag already.

• sbranch says:

We will come south, but we’re going to have to wait until after Christmas when we can go down the eastern seaboard.

90. Linda T. in Maine. says:

Hello Susan,
    Was hoping you could make it to Maine so I could buy my book and have you sign it also. I am not sure that you have come up to Maine yet. All of us Girlfriends in Maine so want you to come here soon.You and Joe are the first ones I check in everyday early am to see what’s new. I am making plans somehow to come to Martha’s Vineyard next summer only in hopes to run into you and see the whole Island in some way. I live near the ocean here in Maine. Love the am walks on the beach also. It’s so peacefull and just takes your breath away each and every day. Like a new begining of life each day. Wishing lots of fun on your trip signing your new book. Love the van. Keep up the fantastic work. I never want you to retire. Just being truthfull cause your books are the BEST EVER and I so can not wait for the next one to come to print every time. You are the most amazing person ever.Computers are taking over and less and less books will be printed. I am one that still wants to own my onw books to re-read over and over like your. They are like little treasure of all your own for keepsakes. I love your books. You inspire me each and every day. Love your reciepes. I bought the BM Paint same color that you painted your kitchen and I love it. Keep up the great work Joe and Thank you for Loving and taking care our girlfriend Susan B. happiness and Love to you both….LT.

91. Suzanne Kolhagen says:

Dear Susan~
    Just a question…hoping to meet you in Grand Rapids Michigan on September 7th but your site says Schuler Books at 2660 28th Street and the Bookstore site lists you at 3165 Alpine Ave. Can you let me know the correct location so I am at the right store? I printed my name tag and am ready with my book in hand! Can’t wait. Thank You…Suzanne from Key West (I am on page 160 now of your book and savoring it every morning with my cup of tea :)

• sbranch says:

Well, I’m not sure, but since that’s what they have, and I know the locations are pretty close to each other, let’s make an executive decision (:-)) to go with Alpine. I’ll change it on our EVENTS page. THANK YOU for noticing!!! What would I do without you!

92. Sandy kipple says:

“A Fine Romance” I am done reading my book……..I made it last for 4 days….couldn’t spread it out any longer, I had a hard time not reading it all at once! Thank you soooooo much for the trip. I enjoyed every minute.
    I live in a very rural area in N.Y. so I doubt that I will be near any of your book signings, but please know that I still love everything that you do and have for years.

• sbranch says:

Thank you Sandy — we’ve been invited up to Skinny-Atlas (what I used to think it was) — Skaneateles — to the bookstore there. Don’t know if that’s near you, but maybe we’ll be there around Christmas.

• Sandy kipple says:

Thank you for your reply… is about 930 miles “as the crow flies”…….but I will keep track of your events calendar, and who knows!!! Maybe “hubby and I will take a little trip.

• sbranch says:

Oooo, that’s a little far! But a trip is always fun!

• Sandy kipple says:

Oh my gosh………can you believe it!!!!! I took the mileage scale off of the United States map….not the New York State map!!!….ONLY ABOUT 85 MILES “AS THE CROW FLIES”
            Now that sounds like a fun day trip…..I will be watching.

MUCH better! :-)

93. Michele Clark says:

Susan……I read your book in 3 days…didn`t want it to end, like all good books. My daughter Sperry has it now, then my husband Rick! I told him that he and Joe have a lot in common as far as patience is concerned…lol! You two remind me of us, as we are together a lot and do some very interesting things. I am giving “A Fine Romance” to two of our daughters in California for Christmas….as we will be heading out there around then. I am an amature artist and just love your printing and artwork…and watercolors. I hope to meet you sometime….Blessings, Michele

94. KATHY says:

I have a television talk show in NH that is taped one town away from Milford, NH, where you will be appearing on August 24th. In fact, you’ll be driving through my town to get there. I would love to have you as a show guest, and we could tape a show on any day and at any time that is convenient to you. The show would be broadcast a minimum of 10 times on local public television, and would be available to any public access station on request. It would also be posted on YouTube (unless you did not want such), and I would absolutely give you permission to post a link to it on your website or anywhere else that it would be helpful to you.

The show atmosphere is completely relaxed and fun – much like sitting in the living room for a nice chat. Your many girlfriends would love to see and to hear you. Please say “yes”!

• sbranch says:

Really? I would love that, except of course I would be nervous, but I think it could be fun! How great that you would allow me to post a link on the blog! I will email your comcast address. If you don’t hear from me, because sometimes addresses on blogs don’t seem to work, you can contact us at Thank you for the invitation Kathy!

• KATHY says:

Fabulous!!! And there is absolutely no reason to be nervous – I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that you’ll be great! (Plus, since we’re not live but taped, if we do something silly like dissolve in giggles, it will be our secret!) And Joe can sit in the studio if he’d like to do so, and lend his support.

I can’t wait to make arrangements with you!

95. Joan Lesmeister says:

This is a great page! Love the list of visits, I had to look really quick to see the 1st date & if I should send you a message yet, nope, I’ll wait……I’m so excited for you (insert squeals here!)!!!!!!! Love the book pic & name tag pics all you clever, clever people!!! And the van is wonderful!xoxoxo

96. Anita says:

Hi Susan,

I would like to purchase your new book “A Fine Romance”. I was curious to know if you would be kind enough to autograph it for me as a gift for my sister Leslie.. We are both HUGE fans of yours.

97. Your book arrived at my home on Saturday. I was SO excited. The timing was perfect because it was my anniversary and I was on the sofa SICK. Well, being able to peruse such BEAUTY made me feel lots better.

The book is even better than I expected. I already gave it five stars on an Amazon Review (I’m Book Blogger and the title is something like “I’d give it more than five stars if I could”).

This is your Opus Magnum. :)

• sbranch says:

My Opus Magnum — is that a kind of champagne? No, I know, you’re a doll, thank you, Brenda! I saw your review and I loved what you said! xoxo I hope you’re better, and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

• Margot in Virginia Beach says:

Magnum Opus is a large or important work of literature or art, OR a person’s greatest work. Remember “Charlotte’s Web”? Charlotte refered to her last web with the egg sack as her Magnum Opus.

98. LindaH (northern IN) says:

Congratulations on the start of your book-signing events! I’ve been away on vacation, and happy to return home and find my copy of “A Fine Romance” waiting for me! And then the icing on the cake was to find that you will be within driving distance for me at your book signing in Grand Rapids! I am so excited that I will be able to see you in person for the first time! I’ll be wearing my girlfriend name tag, and hope to meet some of the other girlfriends in our area.
    Perhaps you and Joe will be staying at the Amway Grand Plaza hotel in GR—if not, you should try and walk through the hotel–it is beautiful. Also, if you have time, I’d recommend driving along Lake Michigan, and stopping at the town of South Haven. It is my favorite place to go for the day.

Looking forward to September 7th!

99. Jeanne Hedin says:

Any book signings in the works for Minnesota? Sure hope so!

100. Bobetta Douglas says:

I thought I had preordered your book a few months back but have not received my copy yet. Are there more still to come or should I re order? i am excited to get reading!
    Thank you for your help on this one.

• sbranch says:

If you go to any shopping page, you will find a contact for the studio — either Kellee or Sheri can look up your order and see what’s going on! Hope this helps!